Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Heresy Era Mechanicum - Zhao Arkkad Legio Cybernetica begins!

Wait! Put down the pitchforks and torches, it's technically part of the Thousand Sons project, I swear!


One of the things that I rather liked in the book A Thousand Sons were the Legio Cybernetica robots embedded with psycho-reactive crystal matrices, allowing Khalophis to direct them on the battlefield. Turns out the folks at FW liked that idea as well and worked that aspect into the rules, and showed off some rather cool Castellax variants at the recent Heresy Weekender. They are going to be a must-buy as soon as they're released!


Of course, that just means I am going to have to do an entire army of allied Mechanicum, right? There is a method to the madness - At NOVA 2017 there's a 1500 point-per-person team event, and a friend of mine who is attending and I are doing a bit of a collaboration. He'll been helping me out with the airbrushing of the metallics, and I'll be doing all the traditional brushwork and modelling. On the up side, with the recent sale of the previous incarnation of the Thousand Sons I was able to add in pretty much all of the models for the force in the recent order - all that remains are the yet-to-be-released Castellax, which I sincerely hope will be made available in time for the event...


I did spend a little time assembling the two Thallax cohorts, I really dig these models and was looking forward to building 'em. Next up on deck is the Belisarius Cawl model, who I think will make for an excellent Archmagos Dominus. He's about half built at this point, but is all in sections to facilitate painting - managed to restrain myself from building it all only to find it becomes nigh-impossible to paint fully assembled!

When all is said and done the whole force will be 15 models, which should hopefully make it reasonably easy to build, paint and (above all) transport to the event!

7 comments:

  1. 15 models? Should take you about three hours then, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the robots. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.. I thought that was pretty cool addition to the book as well and could be pretty brutal. Plus they are slick looking models.. I'm already looking forward to Nova haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect that they're already mostly done. And that you'll end up adding another model or two....

    Gotta love those robots

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just reminded me I have an Archmagos and a second Thanatar model just sitting in their boxes. So many models, so little time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rory Priest: Hah! I ought to time this project and see what it really takes time-wise!

    @Col. Hertford: Indeed! I have always had a soft spot for the Legio Cybernetica, quite looking forward to getting stuck in!

    @Todd Sherman: Should be a fun counterpoint to the Thousand Sons!

    @Zzzzzz: Hah! I wish, just barely getting started on 'em, but I reckon they'll come together quickly!

    @#2501: Nice! I'm right there with ya, man!

    Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Only 15 models will be a cinch for the likes of you.

    I really like those Fw AdMech minis. One day I might paint one up.

    ReplyDelete