Thursday, October 17, 2013

Heresy Era Iron Hands - Contemptors built

Not much hobby time this week I'm afraid, though I did manage to build the two Contemptors which was fun!


The first one is running a pair of kheres assault cannons, which just pours out a ton of shots and with the addition of the mortis rules in Massacre, it's also an effective anti-air model which my army was definitely lacking.


The second contemptor is the jack of all trades variety, with a power fist, and a magnetized weapon arm allowing me to choose from an array of weapon options. At the moment I'm going with a twin linked lascannon, but I do want to pick up a plasma cannon and multi-melta as well.


Here's the pair of 'em, reasonably pleased with how the builds worked out. The iron hands contemptor models have some rather serious gotchas in the build process, all those hoses and conduits hanging down from the abdomen and torso look great but really interfere with the waist and hips. Overall though, great models - I love all the pose options you get with this kit!

14 comments:

  1. These are great, looking forward to seeing them painted

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally hate most of the 'manufactured' GW names for these new units, seem so superficial and made-up - but I do like 'Contemptor'. As ever this is just whetting my appetite, can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the dual Assault Cannon guy - that pose is Boss!!!!

    I wish I'd tried harder with my posing - these are great minis but the poseability is a tad offputting given the range of ariculation possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep putting of picking up some of the contemptors Yet people keep posting these awesome pictures of them..

    Can't wait to see the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Robert (Grovel): Thanks very much!

    @Colonel Scipio: Hah! I hear that. "New in 2014, the GrimStormHelSlaugherer!"

    @Frothing Muppet: Thanks! I love the possibilities of the Contemptor kit, it has some great dynamism to it!

    @Drkmorals: It is a great kit, would love to see what you do with one!

    Cheers all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very dynamic poses. That must have been so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Those guys look like they mean business! Those kits seem to be some of the best yet for dynamic posing. As to the hoses, would cutting them off and replacing with guitar string be a better option? (Only ask as that's what I did with my Blight Drone.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Zab: Indeed! I'm thinking I'm going to get one more and do a full talon of three.

    @Dai: In retrospect I definitely wish I had gone with the guitar string method (I have a ton of 'em). Worked out okay as-is, but I'm thinking if I do another one I'll definitely go with the guitar string!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The poses on these kick ass, great sense of movement and flow with them. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Jugger: Thanks man! I do love all the options you get from the Contemptor kit - it's definitely one of the most well designed kits FW has done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Nice, I just love these models.

    Do you have Book2 ? I just started reading through the rules last night. I'm loving the fact that Maloghurst the Twisted is "official" now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @The Eye of Error: Me too, man - such a cool kit! I have a copy of Massacre winging its way through the Empyrean to me as we speak, can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. VERY nicely posed. I especially like the Mortis Contemptor. So few people really do justice to the model, and realize it's full potential and posability.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Miniature Tim: Thanks man! I tried a number of different poses where it would be bringing both KAC's to bear, but they all looked a bit too static. Love this kit - would love to see what you'd do with one for the Heresy Salamanders!

    ReplyDelete