Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Blatant Self Advertisement - Eldar on eBay

Time to stuff the pointy-eared gits into the webway and off to their next destination - the vast majority of the Eldar I've been working on of late are now up on the auction block to help pay for a new pair of glasses (boo!) and act as some extra spending money for GenCon (woo!). Note that as a general rule, I don't sell or ship overseas anymore due to the ludicrous price increases in shipping costs. However, if you are a follower of the blog in good standing and are interested in bidding please contact me via email, I'm willing to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis (just bear in mind that the actual shipping costs will need to be determined at the end of the auction).


A couple folks have asked for an army shot so I snapped a couple quick pics over my lunch hour. They certainly are... Colorful! All in all a thoroughly enjoyable army to paint, and I'm looking forward to applying some of the techniques I used on these guys in my future projects. The sponge effect really worked out well and I'm thinking it may be fun to use that technique to apply weathering to the dozens of guard tanks that are lurking in the Closet of Doom!

In other news, we finally got the recordings and video from a gig we did over the 4th of July weekend with the band. The mp3 recordings may be found here, and we have the whole show up on our YouTube channel here. Video quality isn't exactly astounding unfortunately - I'm the blur playing bass on the right. Heh. For the most part I just play bass and do backing vocals, but I'm singing lead on "Ozark Mountain Racer". Fun times!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sale mate, it's a shame you have to get rid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck man. They look great and whoever buys them will have an awesome army for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that really is tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely have my eye on one or two of those guys. Have to see where the bidding goes. For you, I hope everything gets bid well outside my price range. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sheep: Thanks - they were fun to paint, but when I get right down to it, the Guard is where my heart truly lies!

    @17yearoldhobbyist: I appreciate it!

    @Zzzzzz: Hah! Temptation is key!

    @Evan S: Thanks mate! I usually put my auctions up for (or a little below) retail, so any bids are essentially paying for my painting. Seems to work out okay overall and in the case of these guys, anything that doesn't sell will just get rolled into the Allied force I'm keeping to assist my guard! :)

    Cheers all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm continually amazed at how much love and work you put into an army only to sell it on the block. It's a beautiful, colorful body of work that makes me want to do an Eldar army, even though I hate facing them with a passion (and have Wave Serpent kill markers on my Hydras).

    Anyway, you've inspired me to get the ole' factory going again, and I might even adapt your sponge technique for metals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @#2501: Thanks man! For me, the "building and painting models" is much more fun than the "having finished models", so I'm pretty phlegmatic about selling them on after I've gotten 'em finished.

    I really liked the mottled effect the sponging technique provided, I will definitely be doing more of that in the future too!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete