Thursday, April 26, 2012

Heresy Era World Eaters - More Land Raider progress

Made a start at the weathering for the Land Raiders, and cleaning up the patchy blue. From here on out, for the vehicles I'm definitely going to be starting with a black basecoat under the blue, rather than attempting to paint the blue directly over the white. Sheesh.


Added a bit more battle damage to the tanks overall, utilizing the sponge and stipple method, then went in with some washes and tried my hand at oil and mud streaks around the rivets. After that I tried some of the new textured paints GW have come out with, primarily along the lower hull, and along the track sections.


"Goliath" is painted to match up (mostly) the artwork from the Visions of Heresy novel. I slipped a bit with the brush and got more mud down the right rear side of the tank, but in retrospect I think it works, and the whole edging along the track rollers could use a bit more mud spatter on both sides of the tank. It's all very experimental at the moment!


"Blade of Fury" is a bit more subdued, mud-wise. Overall I'm happy with how they are coming along, though there's still more work to be done! Bit the bullet and made the first Forge World order for some infantry and a Storm Eagle, really looking forward to getting stuck in on that kit!


3 comments:

  1. Looking good! Given events of the last week, I may be back in the UK for next year's AoE event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are looking really good... the painted world easters symbols on the doors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks folks!

    @Sir Tainly - Very cool! I'm really looking forward to the trip next year as well. With 6th ed. dropping between now and then, I'm interested to see what changes that brings to the AotE campaign!

    @Oink - Thanks, I'm gonna be getting plenty of practice painting it, that's for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete