Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shameless Advertising

With the trip to England rapidly approaching I did a little spelunking in the Closet of Doom for some odds and bobs I could auction off to raise a little extra spending money for the trip.


First up, and the hardest to part with is one of my last three King Russ tanks. This particular one has had the turret assembled and primered, but the main hull is unassembled. The final two will be used in my next Ad-Mech army, I believe. The person who made these casts hasn't produced any new King Russ tanks in well over five years, as I understand it the molds were damaged or lost, based on my most recent conversations with him (admittedly several years ago now).


Next are the remnants from my old Vostroyan army, consisting of 20 assorted infantry models and two sprues of three casualty models. They are by far my favorite metal guardsmen that GW has ever done, and I'm quite sad they aren't still making them. Hopefully they'll come in handy to some Vostroyan player out there!


Somewhere along the way I ended up with two signed copies of the Siege of Vraks Part 1. I don't really NEED two copies, so...


Finally are a pair of old metal Master of the Ravenwing box sets (auction 1, auction 2). I picked these up waaaaay back when I first started gathering bits for the Thousand Sons, but they've been passed over in favor of the Zealot Miniatures versions that I ended up using.

Over the next couple weeks I'll likely be putting up a few more buried treasures wrested from the depths of the Closet of Doom (provided I'm not buried under an avalanche of boxes and bits)!

7 comments:

  1. phoa! That tanks pretty cool. I can just never bring myself to sell anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, I'm sorry to see it go, but it's either that or drink water while I'm in England, and there's far too many excellent beers to sample while I'm there! Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, the king russ has gone already!! and for $250! well, looks like the drinks are on you!

    For that cost you are going to want to start casting up your own king russ, using the two you have at the minute as masters...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man is everyone selling off Vostroyans this week :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only i hadn't just dropped coin on parts to make a SM flyer, I'd be all about those Jetbikes. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Oink - I've considered it, but figured that something like the King Russ wouldn't be the ideal place to start my resin casting experiments. Who knows though, I've always wanted to dabble in the process and as an end goal it may be attainable...

    @LuckyNo.5 - One of these days I'll go back to them, they are hands down my favorite metal guard GW ever made. Just chock full o' character!

    @#2501 - A SM flyer eh? I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! You've always got the coolest conversions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like this blog, gotta give kudos to the spartan land raiders!
    keep it up please!
    I am now following your blog, you can follow me too at

    http://marsekayspainting.blogspot.com/

    and join the network at

    http://randomselecthobbynetwork.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete